Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Latest

Like everyone else we've been spending a lot of time indoors trying to tolerate the heat. Lots of reading and watching a few movies. This past Sunday was our 35th wedding anniversary and we appreciated all the good wishes and cards. We went to the Harry Potter movie to celebrate.

Wayne continues to ride his bike most days, despite the heat. He's preparing for the MS 150 ride on August 6 and 7. His fundraising is going well, but he isn't letting up! Get in touch with him if you want to make a donation.

I was offered (and accepted) a new position in my department at work. The new job will give me more hours and I'll work the morning shift (5:00 am - 1:30 pm). I'm looking forward starting the new shift at the beginning of August. Even with the additional hours, I'll still have time for my day with Aubrey once a week!

When Aubrey was here this week, it was a little too hot for playing outside so we made a fort under the table. Grandpa had to peak in and play a while too. Lots of fun. She and I have been going to the library the last couple of weeks. We go for Story Time here at the Tea Library and following story time they have some activities. I made her a little book bag and she has learned how we check out books and then bring them back the next time we come "so other children can read the books"



No comments:

Post a Comment